As a man, how often do you accompany your wife or girlfriend to the salon to have your hair styled? Or do you think that hair grooming and styling is only meant for women? Certainly not! If you are bored with the same old hair texture, look and style, check out our tips below:
Use Quality Products
Now that you are aware that hair grooming and styling is just as important for men as it is for women, it is high time to get rid of those cheap products that you have been using. In fact, they may be the reason behind that old look that has been making your hair appear too dry or too oily. Think a while about your cosmetics and choose the ones that will work best for you. You can try out a variety of products. Shop at Sears to get a great deal and remember to use Discountrue coupons on your purchase to save even more.
The following is a list of some high-quality hair products and the kind of effect that they will help you to achieve if you start using them today:
1) Serums/Creams: While these products help in taming fly-aways and de-frizz curls, they also prevent your hair from becoming stiff and immovable.
2) Mousse: It adds shine and volume to your hair with minimal hold, and should be applied to dump hair before the hair is allowed to dry.
3) Gel: If applied on wet hair, it contains alcohol that functions to dry out your hair and make for a much stronger hold.
4) Pomade/Hair Wax/Hair Clay: These products are used to mold hair into hard-to-achieve shapes like curls and pompadours. While pomade and hair wax are best for a shiny and wet look, hair clay works best to produce a matte and natural tone on your hair.
5) Hair Glue: This product is used to provide hair with the strongest possible holds for styles like Mohawks. Due to the risk of product build-up, thoroughly wash your hair between applications.
Take into Account Your Styling Needs & Situations
Why do you want to style your hair? Are you doing it for the upcoming prom, meeting your fiancée's parents for the first time, or you just want to have a new classy look? Whatever your reason is, make your new hair style match your situation. For a formal event like a wedding or a job interview wear something more traditional or that is closer to your everyday style. For instance, your niece (or fiancée for that matter) may not be very comfortable with you wearing a high Mohawk to her upcoming wedding. My husband had a Mohawk right before we got married and he cut it off for the wedding.
Try New Hairstyles More Often
Though there are no strict rules about hairstyles, you need to consider some factors before choosing yours. For instance, you need to figure out what your hair type is, so you choose the ones that suit you. Knowing your facial shape will also help you make the best decisions that will complement your look. Be sure to find a solution that makes you feel most comfortable. Try out a variety of hairstyles every few weeks or so until you get one that you really love!
Choose Your Sideburn Length
Most hair stylists will recommend an average length of classic sideburns to be at the middle point of your ear. However, you can adjust this length according to your head shape and facial characteristics. Choose a sideburn length that matches your hairstyle. For instance, if your hair is short, you should keep them short and well-trimmed. While short sideburns are best with longer faces, long ones make shorter faces appear more elongated.